Sunday, January 20, 2013

Reservoir Pieces

This weekend I've put the crankshaft on hold and I'm working on the reservoir box and the bellows. I cut all of the pieces for the reservoir box and laid them out to figure out where they needed to be sanded or trimmed.



I made the air tube outlet piece from a solid piece of hardwood.



I glued and pinned the sides of the box together then clamped it until it dried making sure it was square.



I also stained the 1/2" battens at this point, figuring it would be tricky later on, once the bellows cloth was in place.




I sanded and gave the air outlet piece a couple of coats of shellac as well. I also shellac sealed all of the wood surfaces of the bellows and reservoir, and since I had the shellac out, I sealed all of the lower parts of the pipes as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment